Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Whatever, I got lasagna.

Last night Mary, Morgan and I went out to a restaurant that's literally on our street. Morgan had gone before and said it was delicious. It was, but not without a fair share of mishaps!
Here's the deal: 15 euro. Antipasto, first course, second course, dessert, wine. Pretty good deal. The chef makes whatever he wants for you. I can't read the menu anyway so that's fine.
The appetizer was great. It was cheesy and delicious and the wine was really good too. But the first course... I didn't like it. It was some weird bean thing in red wine sauce and the texture and flavor just didn't sit well with me. The waiter came over and took my dish back and gave me lasagna instead. The chef even came out and told us that the dish I had sent back was a special one that they didn't normally make. So here I am sending back a special dish and looking like a jerk. Great. They were really nice about it though. Mary didn't like it either but she didn't send it back even when the waiter asked if she wanted to. When he came to take her plate the waiter said next time she could send it back when he asked. Who looks like the bigger jerk? You be the judge.
The third course was turkey (which he described to us as the bird similar to chicken but bigger) with apples and almonds in a delicious sauce. Yummy. Then dessert was chocolate mousse, tiramisu, and this custard with caramel.
Then they gave us this weird alcohol called grapo or grapa or something like that. It was so strong. He said it was kind of like whiskey. We all kind of tried to stomach it but none of us could. It was weird.
The chef came out and asked if our meal was good and kind of waved his finger at me since he knew I was the one who changed the dish. Oh well. It was pretty hilarious, and all in all a good time.
I'm pretty embarrassing. More good times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment