Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh You Know. Stuff

Ciao!
I've had some pretty cool experiences so far and I've only been here for a few days. Of course I forgot to mention some cool things in my last post, which is probably the norm for my life.

When I was on my flight to Buffalo, the Czech hockey team from the World Junior Hockey thing that was in Buffalo was on the plane too. Inexplicably all of the other passengers were in the front of the plane and I was in the back... with the entire team. I sat in my seat and waited for all of them to sit down. One of the guys sat next to me but I had the window seat so no big deal. Then he said something to the guy in front of him and then all of the sudden every one of them, even the coaches, turned around and said stuff to him and made weird eyebrow-raising faces at me. Then they were laughing and kept chattering on in whatever language they speak and I was just confused. I'll assume that they were teasing him for being able to sit next to the cute American girl. Yeah I'll go with that.

At the Philadelphia airport I was in line for pizza and I saw the Czechs again. They were waiting for a pizza and I had to cut through their group to get mine and pay. I noticed that the one who was sitting next to me was staring, so I smiled (in recognition and he was pretty cute too) like I would to anyone I wanted to acknowledge. I thought it was no big deal. Then all of the other guys he was with started yelling and playfully punching him and stuff. I had no idea what was going on.I took my pizza and pretty much ran.

The adults told us that American girls are more friendly than others like Italians. I guess it was odd for me to smile at him since I didn't even know his Czech name. Oh well. It was an experience.

I'm finally learning some Italian! Our whole 3 hour morning class and 1 1/2 hour class in the afternoon is spoken in Italian. I understand a lot, I just don't know enough words to respond. Soon I will! Francesco is a great teacher and I think I've learned more in 2 days in class here than in like a month of Spanish class. Hopefully we keep learning at this rate and soon I'll be able to actually function using Italian.

I'm happy to hear that my sister is safe and sound in London. Look at us being all travely and stuff! SO excited.

I can't wait to see how things progress. So excited.

Ciao Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment