Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER

Not really. It's more of just a boring update since Firenze was super exciting and I'm back to classes.

Finally got to videochat my parents, which was nice.

In other news, I have no right to complain about my apartment being cold (I still complain) since we got an update about St. Bonaventure, where the temperature I've heard is now at a frigid -23 degrees and classes aren't canceled. I'm glad I'm over here even though we only get a few hours of heat a day and it doesn't do much. The temperature outside is generally the same as in our apartment. Ugh.

I'm a little frustrated with Italian because it feels like a lot of work but I'm still barely passable at speaking. We have a huge vocab test on Thursday and I really want to do well and learn to speak too, but it's not happening as fast as I want it to.

The Italians do this weird thing where they announce when they're going to have a strike. So they're having one from Saturday night at 9 until Sunday at 9. So no trains running. I'm not sure how that changes my travel plans since I didn't have any particular plans yet to begin with.

I think I might stick around Perugia this weekend anyway. It's the Festival for San Costanzo, one of the patron saints. Apparently it's a pretty cool thing and I'm trying to experience a lot of cultural stuff. We'll see what happens.

Ciao for now! Hopefully something exciting happens for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment