Monday, September 7, 2015

B2ST (Another concert!!)

Hello~~~

The blog title is pronounced BEAST. Beast used to stylize their name B2ST and since I saw them a second time, it seemed appropriate.

I was a bit under the weather this weekend, and I had a special guest in my apartment last night, so I didn't get to blog. Tina had to go to immigration this morning, and since I live 10 minutes away she got permission to go into school late. Woo! So we watched Kdramas and ate too much food, a-like-so:

The chicken place we like near our dance studio opened a branch near me. And we got ddeokbokki. I have eaten ddoekbokki 3 days in a row and it is amazing. YOLO.

Anyway, the week happened. I adore my new coteacher, Seung Hee. She's amazing. She and I have really good energy together and she's really helpful and bright and I love her. My 3rd graders think she is scary, which is great since they're crazy. Haha.

So the most exciting thing to happen to me was the Grand Kpop Festival. We volunteered in August and got to do it again. No dancing onstage for me this time, since you had to be at a lot of rehearsals that were during school. I miss being a student and being able to skip class haha. You know, for the 2 times I ever did that. 


Literally right up at the stage.

Anyway,  our Kpop PIC (Partner in Crime, obviously) Grace, Tina, and I got seats together (after much struggle) and then got moved up! Woo!

Terrible but unzoomed picture of our spot. Second row.

Tina and I also got interviewed. Hilariously they pushed Grace out of the way since she look Korean (She's a first generation American and her parents are Korean, so she misses a lot of the waygookin stuff...) which was a joke for the evening. I embarrassed myself by literally taking every chance I could take to gush about how much I love Beast and especially Doojoon, and Tina managed to speak Korean which was impressive. I forgot how to speak English. Oh well. It was fun.



You know those people who you can't help but think "I wish I'd met you earlier" ... This girl. 

The concert was awesome. The lineup was much smaller than the last concert, so it was a lot more manageable.

Here are a lot of pictures of groups you might not know!

CN Blue. They play their own instruments and are more indie. Love them!

BTOB (pronounced B to B) 

Look how cute and close they are.

EXID (pronounce each letter individually)

Doing their hit "Up & Down"

Chen from EXO (pronounced ex-oh)

Singin' some ballads.

Block B 

Featuring FIRE. I have no idea how they weren't dying. It was so hot where we were. Geez.

SHINee's Taemin

Right before he pulled out a FAKE GUN WTF???

But I adore Taemin.

He's like 22 and debuted when he was 16. Amazing. 

Near the end of the concert was the group I'd been waiting for... BEAST!!


I went from seeing Beast 0 times in a year to seeing them twice in a week and I'm so stoked it's unreal.

They opened with YEY, their new song.

Doojoon, my fave <3

I cannot stress enough how much I was freaking out over this.


Dongwoon (left) and Yoseob, for Ronnie.

They were great at pumping up the crowd and posing for the rush of camera and being adorable.

I must stress that I took pictures of actually them not the big screens. 

Gikwang!!


 Last but certainly not least, Girls' Generation!! They just had a comeback and their outfits are so cute! And Tina has me obsessed with their new song "Lion Heart."



Gee




Here are some videos from the concert!

Beast:
12:30
Good Luck (So excited I know the dance to this one)

EXID
Up & Down


Girls' Generation


Showing some more love to my girl groups this week since all I ever talk about are Beast/Boy groups, here are a few more songs I love!

EXID 


 "Up & Down"


"Ah Yeah"

Girl's Generation - Lion Heart

"I Got a Boy

"Mr. Mr."

"Gee" 
Iconic.


Girl groups are awesome too!

I had a lot of fun at the concert, but I was quite under the weather the next day and spent the weekend watching the second season of Doojoon's drama "Let's Eat" and then hanging with Tina. So it was pretty chill. 


In other music news, since I am literally talking about this song with Ronnie, here's the new song from VIXX's subunit LR (Leo and Ravi from the group, which I find hilarious since Koreans have a lot of trouble with the L/R sound distinction)

"Beautiful Liar"

Looking forward to getting back into Korean classes soon! And having a regular schedule again and whatnot. 

Here's to September! May it continue August's awesomeness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment