Sunday, September 13, 2015

Me Gustas Tu (But also I really hate you)


Another week came and went. So Jung and I were talking about how fast it went, and it really did fly by.

My students are doing okay. I am trying to accept that I will not change their lives with my English class and just letting things happen as they will. It's made my life a lot less stressful. I am really lucky to have two wonderful coteachers who are really passionate about teaching and who are so helpful and nice. So I'm stoked about that.

I started going to a language exchange! I can't take Korean classes at the academy anymore since it doesn't fit into my monthly budget, but I am still trying to improve my Korean. Hopefully this helps! They seem really nice so far. I'll have to self study now that I have some basics. Sigh. A lot of free classes are on Saturdays or are during the workday. Alas. 

I am still teaching "Bang Bang Bang" to my 4th graders and I love it but it's exhausting. Also it makes my Thursday quite long as I have 6 classes and finish at 3:30. Phew. But I do look forward to it. I'm pretty happy with my school life these days. Except when lunch is everything I hate. But I live.

Anyway, here are some other random happenings in the week

We had CREAM PUFFS. Omg they were so good.

Wednesday we had this gem. I have no idea what it was but it was straight up delicious. 

Friday night Tina came over and we watched Scholar, our vampire show that FINALLY dragged and stumbled its way to the end. We were going to meet friends Saturday evening so we chilled at my place and went to Emart for wine and other essentials. But still:

Dis bitch thinks she can come into my house...

And steal all my blankets....
Saturday we hung out at my place, finished Scholar, and dealt with Tina having a grand of fraudulent charges on her credit card from the USA. Uhhhhh.


In good spirits, we headed out wayyyyy up north to Suyu to meet up with Janell and Lauren, who both live over there now, so we could get some good eats and go bowling! We went to Camp 229, a BBQ place with a camping theme:
Lauren and Janell as close to real camping as we would like to get



So cute!

Grapefruit Soju
I am the flower queen with my soju


MEAT

Then after some struggles reading signs, we went bowling! The vibe is way different then the USA. Everyone was really serious. Then there's us... Yelling things like "you hit some pins!!"


We were all good friends with the gutter.
I am quite terrible at bowling. My gimpy wrists make it so that I can't actually bowl with proper form. So I just kind of launch the ball at the pins. I actually won the second game with like a score of 93. Woo!



Pro.





Throw the ball and pose.

After taking an hour and a half to get home (which barely phases me anymore!) I stayed up a bit then slept for like 10 hours and it was glorious. I made my way to dance class alone this week since Tina was busy at Young Ah's performance. I wanted to go but I missed dance a lot. Next time!


Anyway. this week we revisited a group that gave me nightmares: Gfriend. 


Our very first week of dance, we disastrously tried to learn Glass Bead:

I don't even have evidence of how bad our attempt was. I almost didn't go back to the class after, but obviously I got over myself and did. 

This week, we braved them again to do "Me Gustas Tu." I hoped that months of practicing other dances would leave me more apt to do this song, but I was sorely mistaken. It was so hard! So fast. But really, really fun. 



Unfortunately, Gfriend has come into the spotlight lately for a performance in which they fall over 9 times during the song. They performed on a wet stage and in a stunning display of professionalism they continue through the dance despite really dangerous conditions. I have so much respect for them. 

Video here:


I hope people can see the hard work and effort put in, since this group really is awesome. 

Grace and I attempted the dance and forgot it even as we attempted it. It's pretty adorable when you get it right. But man am I already sore.



Our attempt after class. I am going to practice this one a lot more! I seriously cannot believe how hard this dance is. Girl groups are awesome. 




In other awesome group news, thanks to Ronnie I have gotten more into VIXX. I posted LR (Leo and Ravi) last week, but here are my two favorite full VIXX songs:

First, Hyde:

Oh how do I explain this?
You’ll probably think it’s all an excuse
Girl, I’m the not same me as yesterday
(There is a crazy person inside)
Don’t leave (leave me)
I love you (no I hate you)
I am both Jekyll and Hyde, don’t run away from me
Refrain:
I’m not a bad person, I love you
Don’t give me those scared eyes
There is a different person that’s not me inside of me
There’s a different me that’s not me inside of me


And a dance performance so you can see more of how cool the dance is, and see the good/evil distinction a bit better:




I also really dig Voodoo Doll. Be warned, the original version is quite gruesome and violent, so much so that the dance and video were banned from broadcasting. A clean version was also released, but I like the gross one for the song:

Voodoo Doll Original Version:



Clean version:



I'm off to practice! I have to study and clean my apartment tomorrow so I can be ready for my language exchange and so that in case people come to my apartment on Friday I look like a decent human. My coworker who lives in my building is having a housewarming party so people might come to my place at some point, and I really do need to like deep clean my apartment. I know, very exciting.

But first, dance!

Have a good week, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment