Monday, August 31, 2015

YEY YEY YEY YEYYYYYYYYYYYY (Dance performance and Beast concert!!



Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I'm looking and feeling good these days. Check me out.


I got asked if I was on a diet and told by another teacher that my outfit "fit me very well."

Coming off of one of the best weekends I've ever had in Seoul and quite possibly my life, I'm having a pretty swell Monday.


I can't even begin to describe how happy I am right now.


My first week of school was so busy because of everything and rehearsals and whatnot.


I had a staff dinner on Friday, which was fun. I met my new coteacher Seung Hee, and had to say goodbye to my Principal, Vice Principal, and some teachers. Today was my last day with my 3/4 coteacher before I start working with the new one, so so much has been a whirlwind so far.


Saturday was full of jitters as we got ready for our dance show. Hours of practice paid off though. We look so good!
Introducing the newest girl group sensation that's taking Korea by storm....


I'm obsessed with us. 

At rehearsal with everyone.



Here are some versions of our performance:


And another angle:






My friend Helen made it to see us! And Tina's coteacher and former co came out too. It was really fun. We were second to last and everyone else did like hardcore dances and we were sooooooo cute. They kept teasing and calling us Koreans (Hankook Saram!!) And we slayyyed it.
We played some games at the club then headed out to the Hongdae playground (a popular drinking spot for foreigners and Koreans) to perform again! Since we were a group of foreigners dressed in matching pink outfits, we got a lot of attention and hopefully turned some foreigners on to Dance Joa! I hope more people come to the studio and get to get some little bit of the joy we get from it.
Tina's coworkers Young Ah (immediately to the left of Tina) and Hae In (Next to me and Young Ah) came too!


 We were a hit with Korean, foreigners, guys, and girls alike!



Afterwords we went out for chimaek and got to hang out with everyone in the studio. After many attempts to set us up with the guys in the studio, and lots of broken English and Korean conversations, we headed home. 
Won Oh is our resident crazy photographer.



I wish I could bottle up how happy I was this weekend and save it. 



Sunday was a different kind of adventure, since WE WERE FINALLY GOING TO SEE BEAST!!!!!!!!!


Beast's concert is called the "Beautiful Show." And oh was it beautiful. 

Our seats, unzoomed. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



My favorite group is Beast, and I have been itching to see them for soooooooooo long. When the Beautiful Show was announced I freaked out. Beast's fandom name is Beauties, and they have the best lightstick. Ahhhh I'm still freaking out about how happy I am from it.

Just a few BEAUTIES ready to see BEAST!!!
The lightstick is a flower and it's so pretty!!!


<3

Seriously. Beast is amazing. It was so fun to jam out to the concert. Tina's fave had recently dyed hair so it kept running on his face when he sweat, my favorite ripped his pants on stage, Ronnie's favorite was adorable. It was such a good time jamming out to my favorite group. They were like all crying  at the end because everyone was really emotional. It's been a while since they've had a concert in Seoul. I can't imagine being an idol and like never being able to be home because of tours and stuff. Still, I'm glad they exist and that I got to see this show.

Here are some more pics!

So close!

Saranghaeeeee (I love youuuuuuu)


My girls! So glad we saw this show together!!


I'm obsessed with Beast so here are my favorite songs:




"Shadow" is my favorite song. This is a special MV. I freaked out so hard when they did this one. It was AMAZING live.


"Beautiful Night" is my second fave. Also Hyunseung's hair is the same color as it was for the concert and it looked like he was bleeding all over his face. Love it.


"Good Luck." As in, "good luck trying to learn this insane dance haha." Seriously one of the most fun dances I learned at Dance Joa, and such a great song.


"Fiction" featuring the girl from Oh My Ghost, the drama Tina and I just finished.



And finally
"Yey" which Tina thought I would start with. Instead I will end with it. I will also respond to any "yes" questions with "YEY YEY YEY YEY" from now on. 



Now I have another staff dinner tomorrow and some prep for another concert on Friday. It's another festival with a bunch of groups, and this time BEAST IS PERFORMING THERE TOOOOOOOOO.

SO STOKED.

My life in Korea has been pretty great so far, but man these last few weeks have been hard to top.


May you ever feel as happy as I do now.

Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment