Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Simple Update

Nothing too big going on now. The Festa di San Costanzo was pretty cool. A bunch of tents with vendors selling their stuff. We got a bunch of cooking stuff for our apartment.

Unfortunately I find myself sick again. Not with a horrible virus like last time, just a stuffed up nose and a cough. Ugh. It's not that I feel sick, it's just more annoying than anything else. I hope this isn't a regular occurrence here. It's hard to get up for 9 AM Italian class when you couldn't sleep because you were coughing and couldn't breathe. And had a sore throat.

On the upside, we have our daytrip to Assisi on Friday! I'm really excited about this one. I think San Francesco (I'mma call him that instead of St. Francis) was a pretty interesting guy. And for some reason learning about him and being here in Italy and going to his hometown makes me feel just a little bit more connected to Italy and even to my name. It's odd to think of it, but whenever everyone got the meanings of their names mine was always "The female form of Francis." I would roll my eyes. Big deal. Francis is a weird name. But now that I'm getting more in touch with him (and not just learning about him in Catholic and Franciscan Heritage class) I'm really starting to think that it's a pretty cool name to have, not just a really pretty one that Americans can't spell or pronounce.

We haven't decided what we're doing for the rest of the weekend, but we have started to look ahead. I have my spring break plans, and me and my roommates are trying to get to an AC Milan game. I'm not the world's biggest football (obviously soccer) fan, but I do enjoy it and I grew up with the sport. Plus, I think it would be a crime to come to Italy and not see a game. Hopefully things work out and we can go!

Still workin' hard in classes and trying to brush up on my Italian. I can't believe it's February. They weren't lying when they told us that 4 months here feels like nothing. In 5 days it'll be one month in Italy! Wow.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment