Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Long Weekends Are Amazing

I spent most of the week recovering. Nothing much happened at school. Lots of classes cancelled and moving around and other random annoyances, but I was in a bit of a daze since I'm STILL not 100%.

So Jung took me to the hospital on Monday so that she could make sure they were telling me everything, and was surprised to find out that they knew nothing and were just giving me medicine to treat a few different possibilities. I also shocked her with healthcare scares from America and how expensive it all is (my IV trip to the hospital cost me about $30, which is unthinkable in the USA) for medicine and stuff.

I had a staff dinner on Tuesday (for open classes) and was supposed to go hiking and have another one on Wednesday (moved teacher's day trip), but at the dinner on Tuesday the principal told me she thought I should skip the hiking since she was aware of my respiratory issues and hiking seemed like not a good idea. Score!

I helped So Jung finish her thesis - she's done! Congrats, unni!

Thursday we had some time to kill before a viewing party for our dance video, and I had wanted froyo but was thwarted. So Tina and I went to a cat cafe because it was long overdue.

No cats love Tina

None.

Especially not this one.

Dat death glare dooooooeeee

With food, all the cats love her.

And she loves them 

Yasss our derpy-face friend joined us 


I love this cat

Outside the cafe... Pretty sure that is not correct.
One more time for good measure:




So our video came out! Check out how you can barely tell I was in the hospital the day before the filming! Haha

Screenshot of my rockin body that I am quite proud of

Here is the live performance.


This was a weekend for the books in terms of food.


I bought So Jung some macarons from a store near me to celebrate finishing her thesis.
Saturday we went to brunch and I got Banana Nutella French Toast with Bacon.

Amazing.


So delicious. 

Spicy mac & cheese

Then we went to see Young Ah play the drums for a Taekkyeon fight demonstration. It's a Korean martial arts form. The rules are: you win if you either knock your opponent down, or KICK THEM IN THE FACE.



Young Ah had to play the intros, victory music, outros, etc.

One team of younglings came from Suwon and they were pretty good!

They had an Australian guy on their team.

It was cool?


Here's a video:


To me it looks like a lot of feigning and flailing but I had literally never heard of it before. It was really fun to watch, and it's always nice to see Young Ah!

We met up with Grace for my first BBQ dinner since being a zombie, and then we got ice cream and went to her place to watch Show Me The Money, a really famous Korean survival show for rappers. It was so fun! I got to see so many people I love in one day!

Sunday we had brunch again at my place, then headed to Tina's to relax. I've been wanting to try a cafe near me, and it was good!

I got a ham & cheese panini 

It came with a million things
Monday we chilled and saw a movie!

So good. So sad.
We saw a poster for another movie I want to see!
Brings me back... 
I also had Tuesday off so I skyped Megan in the morning and then tried to get my watch fixed (my Burberry watch battery stopped) but it was to no avail, as no one will touch it. I have to go sleuthing for another option. Alas.

I went grocery shopping and I always buy more than I intend, so I had a big bag. An old lady helped me bring it to the bus stop because "It is so heavy and you are so little," so that was nice.

Sometimes when you buy things you get awesome freebies. And sometimes when you buy milk you get more milk. 
Then I rested at home and chilled. Made some dinner to last me for 8 years because everything in Korea is family sized. Watched a drama. Did my nails all pretty. It was great.

Now Wednesday is already over for me so I only have 2 more days til the weekend! 

Musically, I'm into the Korean rap scene now because of Show Me the Money, so I'm listening to the songs from the producers on the show. 

My personal favorite song right now is called Simon Dominic and it's by... Simon Dominic... 

Part of the record label AOMG (with Jay Park, Simon Dominic is one of the more prominent members), Simon D is pretty popular here. I hope to one day love myself enough to name my own song after me.


Paired with Simon Dominic on the show is a rapper called GRAY who is newer to the scene but is also hella popular and talented. He's part of AOMG too, along with Loco who is featured in this song.


Metronome, which is Jay Park (perhaps the most famous member of AOMG, as he was the leader of JYP group 2PM and said some negative things about Korea during his early trainee days and ultimately left the group) with Simon Dominic and Gray.

Unrelated to AOMG:


From season 4: Minho of WINNER (I met him!) and producer on the show and Block B rapper Zico's song Okie Dokie will literally be stuck in your head forever.
 Is that true? Yes. Okie Dokie yo.

I don't understand Korean hip hop well. I understand it even less than normal Kpop. But if I like the beats, I love it. Show Me the Money is a wildly biased show, but since I am not a Korean rapper I do not know what they're looking for. 

Off to enjoy my short week and hopefully not get more sick! Byyyyyyye

No comments:

Post a Comment