Sunday, June 19, 2016

How is June already halfway over?

Hello all~

Here I am unable to believe that time is flying by. Each day feels kind of long but suddenly everything is going so fast. I can't believe it's the end of June. Whoaaaa



First of all BEAST IS HAVING ONE MORE COMEBACK BEFORE I GO HOME YASSSSSSSSSSSS

So excited
It will be weird to see them as a group of 5 instead of 6 but still. So stoked! Maybe they'll have one more concert before I go~


This week was long and complicated. On Wednesday we had a teacher bonding day and we were split into groups. Mine was a bunch of young teachers I like, so I was happy. We had 15,000 won to spend on each person and couldn't spend it on food, so we went to Mustoy in Hongdae where you can make a little ceramic doll thing. 

I'm not very artistic so I was like oh no but it was really fun.

Some examples like characters from Kakaotalk (The popular Korean texting app) and Inside out!


So many!

All so good

I got the girl model that had a hair flip on the side, but I used ll my artistic knowhow to make it so my character was facing the side. I made No Face from Spirited Away~



First you draw it on paper then with marker. There's rubbing alcohol if it doesn't work well or if you mess up

So Jung is reeeeeeeally good at artsy stuff so she made Alice!

Shinae made Captain America and I can't remember what Seul made but it was also awesome. We also got complimentary teas and coffees~
No Face is a simple design, but coloring the whole thing black was it's own problem. You have to let the marker dry or else it will come off on everything, and sometimes the marker makes weird lines. So mine took longer than expected.
Coloring~

I just wanted it to be recognizable 

No face, no problem

No Face, Captain America, Alice, and Ponyo 

We looked for a restaurant but all the ones I knew were on the other side of Hongdae, so we opted to look near the studio. But the place we found was closed. They were set on Japanese curry, and were like "oh this one really good place is close!" And we proceeded to walk... to the other side of Hongdae... 


On our way, we found a Ghibli Store!



The theme from Howl's Moving Castle was playing while we were inside and I got really emotional about going home. Ghibli stuff reminds me of home and Ronnie's house so it hit me really hard that day.


All aboard! 

Cat bus to Hongdae please~
We made it to the restaurant but I had to leave a bit early since I had other cool arrangements to meet Lauren, Grace, and Tina to see an acclaimed Korean movie: Agashi, or The Handmaiden.



All I knew about this movie beforehand was "lesbians" but to reduce such a spectacular movie to just that is a sin.



Plot: "Korea, 1930s. Con man Count Fujiwara hires a pickpocket named Sook-hee to become the maid of the mysterious and fragile heiress Lady Hideko, in an attempt to seize her wealth. But the story takes a twist when the lady falls in love with her maid."

There are so many plot twists and turns in the movie that my head was spinning. It was seriously such a good movie. 

We got home really late so Thursday was a bit difficult. Fortunately I had some plans to keep me going: a date!

A guy messaged me and said he had met me on Tinder, which is weird since I do not have a Tinder. Upon me saying this, he confessed that he had met a girl named Francesca on Tinder and tried to find her on facebook, but found me instead. My profile is hella private, so you can't see much except my profile and cover photos. I must remind everyone that my profile picture at this particular moment is this:


So I find all of this hilarious. Turns out this guy is in graduate school for translating and interpreting, so his English is pretty impeccable. We went out for chicken and beer and hung out at the Han River where my profile shot was taken. It was really fun! 

I'm not looking for anything serious but it is fun to see how these things turn out! 

Saturday Lauren, Tina, and I went to Hyehwa to see Tina's co Young Ah have a drum performance!
Here with the spinny hat and the janggu, which I like playing

She's playing the gwaengari, the small metal drum that I hate.

After, we got food and drinks at the amazing Mix and Malt, and had a good time. 

On Sunday Tina and I watched a new discovery of hers: a British show called "Would I Lie to You?" where contestants read a card and the other team questions them to figure out if they are lying or telling the truth. It's amazing I love it so much. 


Sometimes there is even a prop possession.




The players don't even know until they read the card if they are telling the truth or a lie. Or sometimes they have one person come on and one team lies about how they know them and the other team has to decide who is right.

The stories are so absurd that it's really hard to tell when they're lying and telling the truth, but it's funny all the same.


After filling our heads and hearts with laughter, we headed off to dance class to learn a BTS song.

Here's Boys in Luv as it should look:


And omg us:



Um. We did our best.



Here you can see our teacher show us what's up since she's a legit dancer. 

I like this song a lot, as I like a lot of BTS songs, but the dances are not my thing. I find the moves to be too fast and more style over substance, and it all feels flashy and gimmicky to me. I can't do it so well, and I don't like getting discouraged in dance class since it's supposed to be fun. It was a fun class, but I didn't feel much of a workout since there wasn't enough time to really get the moves. It was fun, but even our teacher said the boy groups are better to do over the week and the girl groups in a two hour session because the styles suit each one better. 

Anyway, I am still dying to learn EXO's new song, Monster. At this point in time, the original MV has over 20 million views in less than 10 days since it was released, and if you don't think that's impressive well then... it is really a lot. Kind of crazy a lot. 

This week the performance video was released and I SUUUUUUUUUUPER want to learn it. I love it. 



Will not stop listening to it.


Simultaneously, EXO released another song from the album called Lucky One. The album is called EX'ACT but there is the Monster version (black) and the Lucky One version (white). At first I didn't like this song as much, but now I like it a lot. Released at the same time, this one still has an impressive 9.5 million views.


No one knows why Kai is dancing the dance to Monster, but still. The video is whack but song is catchy and when Suho looks at you at like 40 seconds you will feel things. In the video still Suho is looking at you right now. How have I not remembered him til this point? I always have to name the other members to get to him as "not anyone else in the group." Baekyhyun and Suho got me catching feelings this time around. 

Anyway, this week should be chill. We have speaking tests and such with the kids, and on Friday Tina, Grace and I are going to see a musical, Mozart!, with Kyuhyun from Super Junior!!!

Kyu~~
My throat hurts again... hopefully it will pass without medicine, as I went again to the hospital and got more pills to seemingly no avail. I cannot wait til I am in a country where the air isn't actively trying to kill me.

Hopefully I can get through til payday on Friday! First, Game of Thrones tomorrow!!!!

Love you all. Not like, Boys in Luv love, but love all the same~



No comments:

Post a Comment