Sunday, November 8, 2015

What even was this week

Oh my god. 

This week was total insanity. No joke.

It started off well since I had had fun in dance class on Sunday and had some fun Halloween activities planned since my students missed out for our school birthday. 

Monday my boyfriend Namho had a hockey game in Mokdong, which like never happens. He told me it started too late for me to go, but I insisted on seeing him play.

He plays for an amateur team and for the Yonsei University amateur team as well, and I really wanted to see him, tiredness be damned.

It started at 11:15 PM. Which is usually when I am in bed....

In retrospect this may have set the tone for the rest of the week since I was tired the rest of the time, but still. 


Namho was amazing <3
That's him warming up.

My friend Grace came with me since she lives close, and she's Korean-American so everyone thought she was Namho's girlfriend until he told them "no it's the American one" (since Grace looks Korean hahaha) and it got lots of laughs. 

Namho got a hat trick! I was so proud. He told me his teammates thought it was fun to have fans, and they had told him if he didn't get enough points he had to walk home (he lives in Incheon, the next city over). It was amusing.

Doing his thing on right wing
I got home at like 1:30AM since I waited around with him after. He was the fastest one on the team! And the youngest. Everyone was super nice. They thought we met in Canada (where Namho studied abroad last year) and were impressed with his English and my Korean. All in all, so fun!

Tuesday and Wednesday proved to be crazy. I had not 1 but 2 students try to RUN AWAY FROM SCHOOL during my classes. And one of our special needs kids was screaming bloody murder in my coteacher's class. Thankfully now they've decided he'll have an aid with him at all times. About time...

My students couldn't focus and were loud and rude for most of the week. I have no idea what's going on but damn. It was crazy. All of the teachers were like... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday after classes we had a teacher sports day. It was supposed to be last semester but MERS ruined it. 

All the teachers got assigned a sport and we had to compete with all sorts of other schools. I saw some of the teachers who left my school and some foreigners I knew, and overall had kind of a good time. Except no one explained anything to me and I was abandoned a lot. Whatever.
My coteachers had to play the "Castle game" stand over there and throw the ball to knock down the "castle"

The Castle.
I was supposed to do bowling, but when it was time the teacher from my school was just like "Francesca isn't doing bowling. We thought she wouldn't want to participate so we took her off." My coteacher was like whaaaattt??? And I was close to tears because I was so stressed out from school the last few days and then was excited to be included but then distraught at being dropped off and having no one tell me what the heck was going on then having the one thing I knew get ripped away because the didn't bother to ask me? Come on.

Fortunately I got a reprieve. Jin Sang, the science/sports teacher, had done basketball and had to play soccer-volleyball later but was also signed up to play tuho, a traditional Korean game. He came over and told them I could take his place playing tuho. I was pissed at this point. Why do I have to play the traditional Korean game that I've never done before? Fortunately I impressed by getting a bullseye (you throw sticks into a target) even though it's kinda hard.So Jung and Seunghee and Su Hyeon cheered me on so i felt better.


Tuho


After, we watched the boys play soccer-volleyball and got some food.



Then there was a raffle. So Jung and I (and my principal haha) won insulated bags...?
We referred to them as "stupid bags" for the evening though it's kinda cute and useful haha

Jin Sang and Seunghee were excited to get called but one notepads from the school we were competing at that had been clearly used haha. They were so mad and it was hilarious. We all stayed in good spirits.

Jin Sang. Seunghee, Shinae (4th grade head teacher) So Jung, Me

We then went out for dinner, which was not fun for me.

It is a plate of bean sprouts and seafood in spicy sauce, aka my worst nightmare.
I got pretty upset at this point because half the teachers up and left when dinner was over, and I went outside with Seul, who attended me when So Jung had to leave for grad school, and everyone was just gone. Seul went back inside and got petitioned to drink more with the head teachers, and I got to leave. Except I didn't really know where we were and no one was here. I got abandoned. I texted Su Hyeon, who way later responded she took a taxi back with some of my other coworkers... one of whom lives in the same building as me. I felt abandoned and like an afterthought. No one thought to make sure I got home like they usually do. No one remembered me. I know they didn't do it maliciously or whatever but it sucks to feel that way.

The rest of the week passed without much incident. Students were a bit crazy but whatever. Saturday Tina came over and we watched reality TV woooo and I cleaned while she took a nap since she's still a bit sick.

On our way over we realized the power grid was knocked out. The crossing lights weren't working.

Nor were the street lights. And people were FLYING. It was crazy. 

Saturday night we decided to try a restaurant near my apartment that we always said we would try, Luce di Venezia. We ordered our pasta and got a surprise free pizza!

Pane - bread bowl!

Pomodoro! Tomato sauce pasta. You can see the excited movement in her hands.

Woo!

Our free Gorgonzola pizza.

We were putting on our coats when the waitress came over and was like "wait do you want tea or coffee and cake?" Um yes please.

Our little cake.

It was so much food and it was delicious and not even that expensive!


Sunday we learned a new dance. We didn't know what it was going into class, and even when she played it I had no idea what song it was. 

The dance ended up being pretty difficult and fast and painful, but I had a lot of fun. Since I had no idea what it should look like, I just let loose. 


Teen Top - Miss Right
Whichever part of the dance looks hardest, that's what we did. When the members split, we do the more active or harder part haha.


It was hard, but fun!

Our attempts:

I never did it right but I always act like I do.


I had a really good time!


After, I met Namho for dinner. We wanted to go to Pancakes Original Story but it was gone. Gutted. No more.  UGHHHHHHHHHH

We found other food and hung out. I hadn't seen him since Tuesday since we're both busy, so it was nice.

And here I am now!

I hope this week settles down, man. Good luck, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment