Sunday, July 12, 2015

I've Seen Hell. It's the end of the semester and heat of Seoul.

Hello all! It's really hot here in Seoul. It got up to like 96 degrees recently with a ton of humidity, so I am melting. Now it's rainy but that still doesn't bring much relief!

I was a little homesick since Monday was my dad's birthday and with the 4th of July and the US Women's team winning the World Cup I missed home a lot this week.

Nothing much else happening this week. Getting everything ready for camp while still planning classes has proven to be a nightmare. Sigh.


Good news about that, though! We needed 32 kids to get the right budget for camp, and we had 40 sign up! So Jung said that hasn't happened before. We almost had to have a lottery because we aren't equipped to handle so many students. Most of them are third grade and despite my best efforts to level test them, they are all mixed up so camp should be fun but exhausting. I'm excited.

I'm mostly excited that when I was running my 3rd grade class one of the parents walked by and saw my class doing an alphabet dance, and she happened to be on the council of parents for my school who just so happen to be needed for approval of camp stuff. She said my class looked like fun and So Jung was able to tell them that the dance was my idea, not my coteachers, and the principal even said some words about how much the kids like me and I'm a good teacher and I'm staying. I'm going to have to be careful walking through doors since my head is so big now.

I really didn't do much this week. Normal Korean classes, studying, breaks. We did get more bingsu. Yum.

Friday we got Gusto Taco because we all needed it. Some people are starting to have to say goodbye to their kids if they're leaving or moving schools in August, so it's a rough time.

Saturday I went to an extra Korean class so I can practice more. It was hard but fun. I'll probably keep going.

I met up with Tina after she went to see Phantom (Not the Andrew Lloyd Webber one) and we did a little shopping and visited a cat cafe!

Here are a ton of pictures of cats!

Lion cat

CATS CATS CATS

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN?

Derp-face!


Got some treats. Feeding cats.

I'm always excited to meet new cats.

Tina with the giant cat. 

Look it's so hot he's even all about the AC
And now a series of pictures of me with my favorite cat.










We finally went home and relaxed. We finished "We Got Married" with our favorite couple. Wahhh. I slept a lot and apparently talked a lot in my sleep. Yay!

Sunday I had to ride out and pick up a vacuum from a friend leaving Korea. So now I have a vacuum.

Hopefully this week will bring more adventures! Or at least more happiness.

In funny news, I took a stupid selfie on Tina's phone at the cat cafe and Facebook thinks I'm her. Hahah.


Exhibit A

I wasn't crazy about it at first, but after hearing it repeatedly I am loving AOA's new song, "Heart Attack."


Also So Jung and I were discussing our music tastes and playing music while working on stuff this week, so it got me reobsessed with Beast, as always, but especially "Fiction:"


Stay well and dry and cool, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment