Sunday, July 26, 2015

Heart Attack!

Another week done, and with this the first semester of the school year ends! All my coworkers are on vacation, but I have to run English camp for 2 weeks. Sigh. I'm doing a superhero camp so it should be fun, but I don't feeeeeeeeeeeel like doing it. The one good thing is that it will occupy me for the next 2 weeks, then when it finishes, my best friend Ronnie will basically be here! Woo!

On Wednesday for the last day of school we had a special lunch with all the teachers:

What the shit.
Yes that is a chicken in the soup that I had to pick apart with my chopsticks. Sigh. It was a lot of work but it was good. It's an official welcoming of summer!


Not much else to report. I spent most of the week prepping all mys stuff for camp, which is good since I have almost all of the two weeks done, but then what will I do after camp when I have to stay at school from 12 until 4:30? Probably watch Running Man, which I did some this week. Woo!


Oh My Ghostess was so good this week. I'm freaking out. I love me some kdramas.


In other happenings:
Sometimes I sleep on my wrist brace and this happens to my face.


 Sometimes I get funny texts from my coteacher.
So Jung is one of my favorite humans on this planet.

 This weekend was full of doctors appointments. On Friday after school I went to the dermatologist, then met up with Sarah and Lauren and Tina for dinner and bingsu (mango cheese of course), then Saturday Tina and I went out to the dentist. Gotta get shit done.

It's monsoon season so it downpoured on us in Itaewon, but not for too long since we caught the bus home.


Our hair suffers in this weather. It's like 90 degrees with 90% humidity like always. Even the rain doesn't help.



We still cute though.


Tina and I planned out our vacation for when Ronnie gets here. So excited! So many things to do/see/eat! Woo!

Also, why is this a thing:

It says: "I want to thank all of my friends, especially Mary, who was there every time I needed her." Which is awesome English and also a nice sentiment but why is it on a toilet seat.
Tina and I settled in on our rainy evening and relaxed. It kind of already feels like vacation and I'm torn about camp because I'm afraid it will be a disaster and So Jung isn't my coteacher but my kids are so cute and I think it will be fun. I mean it will happen either way so whatever. Just gotta do it.

Sunday was our normal dance day. This week: AOA (Ace of Angels) and their new song, "Heart Attack." It's probably my favorite girl group comeback this summer, even though I didn't like the song at first. Oh well. Now I freaking love it. 

It's much cuter and sexier than Beast (OBVIOUSLY), and much more manageable (ALSO PRETTY OBVIOUS ONCE YOU WATCH).

Here's the dance version:

We had so much fun doing this dance! Our teacher scolds us a lot because she wants us to make sexier faces but we all are really focused on learning the moves. Our bitch faces are pretty fierce though. But it's all in good fun. 

Here is our attempt at it:

We were just group A, so half the class. You might have some trouble viewing the video. Know that we killed it.


It wasn't as much of a workout as usual, but I also didn't feel like dying (lookin' at you, Beast!) so that was nice.

After class, most of us went out to get chimaek (chicken and beer) for dinner. Since everyone is pretty good at Korean we mostly conversed in Korean. Our teacher thinks I'm the quiet twin because I don't speak Korean as well so I get nervous and don't talk as much. Hah! If only she knew how Tina and i really are.

Anyway, it was really fun and long story short I cannot gush enough about how much I love this dance class and how awesome it makes me feel, and how lucky I am to have it.

From me counterclockwise: Tina, Sarah, Chelci, Su Yeon (our lovely teacher) and Won Oh (who braved the sexy girl group dance like a champion)
In other musical obsession news, I got hooked on another Beast song this week. It's called "Lightless" and this is the acoustic version. The real version is good too, but it's more upbeat and techno-y. This one is slow and calming. Everyone should give it a listen:



People always try to act like Kpop singers have no talent in singing, but everyone in this group is so on point. They're so good at dancing so people might expect their vocals to be lacking but that is just not true. I'm so in love with this song and this group. They make me so happy.

So stoked for their comeback tomorrow! Woo! 

Here's to camp going well! And a good week overall in every way!

Everyone just do you. Stay dry, cool, and healthy. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment