Sunday, May 10, 2015

Only You~

Hello all!


Since I updated so late last week, not much has happened since then.

Here's the Jin Young song my 4th graders dance to. It's so fun!



I did have a weird situation with my neighbors. I came home to a note in all Korean on my door Thursday after school, and after Tina and I couldn't decipher it in Korean class, I texted it to So Jung. She informed me that the apartment above me was having plumbing issues, and they would have to come into my apartment to fix it. They said they would come back at 9, but I missed them again because I'm in Korean class til then and it takes me forever to get home after.

So on Saturday morning as I was getting ready to leave for the day, my doorbell rang. I looked and assumed it was my upstairs neighbor, so I opened the door.

Guys, the looks on people's faces when they realize I'm a foreigner are no joke. You can see the life fall from their faces. She is talking on the phone too, and I hear her say "Oppa, waygookin" blah blah blah, informing her boyfriend that it's a foreigner who lives here. Lolz. Not only am I not Korean, but I had one eye done of my eyeliner and was wearing a tshirt made entirely of cat faces. I must have shocked this poor girl.

She tried fruitlessly to explain to me what was going on, and I thought of a million things I could have said in Korean after, but in my cat half dressed already late state of mind, I was like WHAAAAATTTTT?????

She put her boyfriend on and he explained the situation again. The problem was that I would have to be home for them to work on this stuff. The only time we could manage was next Saturday at 5:30 since I work during the week. I felt bad that this couldn't get resolved til next week.

Sunday morning she came again and asked if I could be home at 5:30 today to get it done. I had my dance class from 2-4 so I agreed. I felt better about this.

Well they did come over at 5:30, and the girl and her boyfriend came in and stood in my entryway the whole time the guy was working on it.

At one point they were like "Oh he needs 15 more minutes. Is that okay?"  Like what am I going to say? The guy is literally on a ladder in my shower and has taken apart my ceiling. "It't fine!" I say brightly as I try to not be super awkward doing what I normally do in my apartment but with my number of Koreans in the apartment being slightly above average.


Anyway, it finished fine. They even gave me some gift certificates, They also were like "Oh I hope we didn't disturb you too much." I mean, sitting in my bed on tumblr or whatever is my usual Sunday activity, but I couldn't use my bathroom. Little do they know I am a pro at not leaving my bed until I absolutely have to to use the bathroom! Ha! It worked out well, but it caused a lot of stress for my weekend.


Backtracking a bit, on Saturday I met Tina, Sarah, and eventually Sarah's boyfriend Seyeol for another afternoon of chilling by the river. We're trying to soak up the nice weather before the humidity kills us.

Like the only photo of the day, taken by Tina!
Tina and I went back to my place (I had packed to go to her place, but I wanted to be home to give more info to my neighbors. It was good that I was home!) and watched more Korean tv faves: Running Man, We Got Married, and Let's Eat (a drama where my favorite guy from Beast is the main guy <3 ughhhhh so good) while eating lots of things.

 It's nice to not have a giant trip planned for the weekend!


Sunday we had dance class again! Finally we got to back since we had no aforementioned big trips this weekend. We didn't learn a new dance this week: instead we worked on perfecting Miss A's "Only You" that we learned a few weeks back. We also did like formations and stuff.

Here is a video of me doing the part of the dance we learned along with Tina and friends Grace and Shannon:


Aaaaaand here are the professionals haha




It's such a hard dance but it's so fun! I like the workout I get, plus I practice during the week and it helps motivate me to exercise more. Next week I think we're learning GD and Taeyang's "Good Boy" which I posted last week and which I looooooooooooove. It's so exciting!

I am feeling a bit down after having a two day work week and now being faced with a five day week, but alas. So it goes.

I'm feeling better these days, though my nose is still running and sometimes I can't hear. Hah. Oh well.

Sending healthy vibes to all! Also, Happy Mother's Day!

Lots of love~

No comments:

Post a Comment