Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dance Perfect (Except Totally Not)

If you are reading this, I have probably collapsed from exhaustion from dance class today. It was nice knowing you all.

My week was short, but felt terribly long.

I had my open class on Wednesday, which was really stressful and also my classroom is exactly a million degrees. The kids did really well, even with one jerk making comments in front of the principal in the five minutes she was there. Oh well. It's over and I think we did well. I really like teaching with So Jung and some of the other teachers said our class was so fun! I just hope it comes across in my evaluations and for the students. 

After my open class I went on a trip with the 6th grade teachers (So Jung and I always get grouped with them) to see a setup of a traditional village and do some bonding or some such things.

It was pretty!

We then got dinner, which was like a weird salad with chicken in like wasabi water? It was really delicious, but very strange to me. 

We are also really busy because there is an English speaking contest the we have to do, so that's about to come up and rob me of my afternoon planning time. Whatever. Stress. Ugh.


Anyway, I had a low-key weekend. Friday I cleaned my apartment. Living it up.


Saturday Tina and I ventured out to Gangnam to meet a friend, and we saw Pitch Perfect 2! It was wonderful and funny. Not as good as the first one, but pretty damn good. Unfortunately the movie was more popular than we thought it would be, so we had to sit separately. It was like going to see it by ourselves but then we had each other to talk about it after. It was fun. It's fun to get jokes that don't quite translate for the Korean audience.

One of the trailers for the movie used Big Bang's "Fantastic Baby" so I was also really stoked about that:




After, we got pizza from a sit down Papa John's which was a new experience for all of us. 


Then we headed around the corner for Gigi's amazing cupcakes.

Gigi's Car!

Tina and I got, clockwise from top left, Cookie Dough, Tiramisu, Double Stuff, and Caramel. All of them are amazing.

We got our ticket for the long way round, and got to Tina's apartment to relax. She showed me this ridiculous Korean variety show called "I Can See Your Voice" where a famous singer has to try to guess who out of 8 contestants is actually a talented vocalist and who is tone-deaf through a series of largely unhelpful rounds. First, they show them on a pedestal and play like a .3 second clip of their voice. Then they get to hear them talk. Then they lip sync. Then they get to interview them for 100 seconds. 

After each round some one or two get eliminated, but there's a "truth stage" where they sing and reveal whether or not they can actually sing. If a tone deaf person makes it to the end they win some money or something, and if an actual vocalist wins they get to record a song with the famous singer and it gets put online for sale or something. 

There is a panel to help make decisions, but no one knows how many are good or bad singers, and like everyone can like. In the Speech part, singers will tell the truth and the bad singers can lie. 

It's really funny and also really hard to guess. It is a strange and wonderful show. 


On Sunday we relaxed a bit before heading into our doom.

Seriously, Infinite was so hard. I got frustrated because we kept trying to learn too much at once, and didn't really practice hard parts enough to get them before we moved on. I know she had a set amount for us to finish, but I really couldn't keep up this week. Much respect, Infinite. Your dance was hella hard but hella fun. 

Infinite's "Back." Try this if you no longer want to live. The beginning is slow and beautiful and easy, then it gets to the refrain and it's like OH YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD DO THIS GUESS AGAIN!

We're doing something extra with the Studio on Saturday, so we even had to stay late and practice more. An extra hour and a half later, my body is like noooooooooo mooooooooooore. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow!! 

Next week we're learning something by Beast, my like current favorite group, so I'm hella excited but hella nervous. 

The weeks keep flying by because I'm so busy. I never thought randomly going to a dance class would suddenly mean it takes up like all my time! It's great though.

I never post pics of myself but here's one. Me sweating my face off but wearing my paper crane earrings from Japan and the headband that gets me the most compliments at school every time I wear it!


Have a good week, everyone! It's gonna be a hot one here in Seoul, so I hope I don't melt!

No comments:

Post a Comment