Sunday, April 19, 2015

Guns and Girl Groups

hello hello~~

After another up and down week here in Seoul, here I am barely typing this because my wrists are really sore.

Here are some random pictures from the week:

My walk to work is lovely this time of year!

Apples in spicy sauce: why

I came out of the elevator and this happened. I never know what's going on in my building.



I had a really emotional week because a lot of stressful things are happening all at once, but it ended on some good notes. So Jung and I had a good time planning out our lessons on Friday, so I feel okay going into the next couple of weeks of field trips, events, and holidays that are messing up my schedule. Everything will work out, hopefully!


This weekend was full of fun! Friday night Tina and I tried a new pizza (beef quesadilla... Korea, you are strange but delicious) and watched some Running Man to unwind from a difficult week. 

Saturday brought us not far from my apartment to the Seoul Gun Club for a birthday party full of all sorts of new experiences. Our friend (mostly Tina's friend but I got to tag along because people are nice) Jen had the awesome idea for a way to get out of the normal routines we are all in: shooting some guns!

It's only like 15 minutes from my apartment!

Shooting is pretty expensive here since there are all sorts of regulations, but a bunch of us figured it was worth it for the story and to keep up that American stereotype to our coteachers. I kid. But really. 



The blue guns were easier to shoot and also cheaper. 10 rounds for 20,000 won.
 I have only shot a gun one other time, so I took the chance to use a revolver and pretend I was in a western movie since I've shot a semi-automatic something or other before. Tina shot the same type of gun that Lee Min Ho used in one of our favorite kdramas, City Hunter!

Tina looks more badass, tbh, but this will do.
It was a little scary, but they basically do everything for you and even had a guy who could explain in English. I can totally see why people love shooting these things. It's a scary adrenaline rush. I'm still scared of them, but it was fun to shoot.



Ready to go in! Also WHAT????? 
 The earmuff things really do make it so it's hard to hear. Then they bring you in to your gate thing and make you use the gun without any bullets so you can get used to slowly pulling the trigger and getting used to the gun. My revolver was a bit big and heavy for me, but it was only 10 shots so it was fine. And they have someone supervising the whole time, so it was pretty safe.
Looking badass as always.
 They loaded me up with 5 shots and then let me at it. After 5 they pull the target in so you can see how you're doing.

I was pretty terrible. I hadn't slept well the night before and was totally relying on my right eye too much, which is ridiculously near-sighted. Once I switched to focusing with my far-sighted left eye, I did better.

My gimpy carpal tunnel wrists didn't help either. Thankfully they have bands to stabilize the gun and it takes out a lot of the recoil, so it helped a lot. I would need a smaller or lighter gun next time, or just to not have my wrists seize up and also get more arm strength haha. I accomplished my goal of feeling like I was in a western though. Cocking the revolver is more fun than it should be.
Big Bang from the gun muffled by my muffs and attitude,
 In the end, I also achieved my goal of hitting the paper.

Had I realized I was aiming wrong a bit earlier I would have done better. Guess I'll have to try again! I'm actually excited to tell my coteachers about this, and possibly go back for a good stress reliever and a new experience for an afternoon.
 A cool 60 points for my first time with a revolver.

Lethal twins. 
I would totally go back. It was a good way to spend $20.




Tina and I ventured back to Hongdae for our weekly ddeokbokki, and met up with Sarah for hanging out and some window shopping. 


We finally got a dessert we've been eyeing: the ice cream waffle!

Yum!
It started to rain so we did some shopping and headed home. I wasn't feeling well, but we managed to have a good evening watching various kpop videos in preparation for Sunday. 

We were originally going to go hiking today, but since it was raining Tina and I decided to skip til next weekend and go to dance class.

I'm so glad we did! This week we learned the first minute and a half of Miss A's new song "Only You."

It's a little more sexy than last week's and a bit slower, but by no means less difficult. It was so much fun and my entire body is sore as I type this. But it was such a good time! The two hours fly by.

Here's the song and dance:

This has better audio.


The dance.

Suzy (wearing the oversized white shirt in the video) was just confirmed to be dating Lee Min Ho, already mentioned in this blog. A lot of people freaked out about it, but I think they make an awesome Korean power couple. 


I also really like Miss A, so it was fun to do one of their songs, and a new song at that! I want to learn the rest!


This week is looking good with nice weather towards the end, and Big Bang next Saturday! Ahhh so excited! Here are some of my fave songs since I'm so excited and listening to them like crazy:


Bad Boy. I really love TOP's like minty hair color.



Monster 



Taeyang's Ringa Linga. Such a good song to get pumped up to.


Anyway, I have one full week before there are all sorts of days off in May, so I'm pretty stoked. I'm tired but content this Sunday. Let's hope the mood can be carried til this weekend, WHEN I GET TO SEE BIG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And now, this:

Why would you put a pocket over the K? 


Peace out, Sailor Scout. This VIP (Big Bang's fandom) is off to practice. And sleep. Mostly sleep. Love you all~

No comments:

Post a Comment