Sunday, April 12, 2015

Becoming a Kpop Star!

Hello all! Since I updated so late last week, nothing much has happened. My classes have started to get off schedule, so that's stressful but so far still manageable. Other than that, life is normal. So here are a few pictures of random occurrences in my week:
Special lunch is awesome. Though drumsticks are too hard to eat with chopsticks. 

The problem with having to wear heat tech stuff all the time to school because it's still cold...
In Korean class we're learning about how you say someone is wearing something. Except there is a different word for wearing rings, earrings, suits, neckties, shoes, hats and for using an umbrella, side bag, purse, etc...


I treated myself to ddeokbokki. I need to learn how to make this when I ever go home.

Spring is finally here! At least it seems to be here to stay for now. We've had some lovely weather lately, and aside from last weekend's rainstorm in Jinhae, it's been sunny and nice for most of the week.

This pretty tree of not cherry blossoms is outside my school.
On my walk to from/school

We took the opportunity to see more cherry blossoms, this time at night! 

Yeouido has the park filled with the cherry blossom trees, and at night they light them up with different colors, and it's stunning. Since we saw so many different incarnations of the blossoms (sunlight, rain, pouring rain, and lit up at night), I think I have satisfied the quota of looking at them this year. It's sad that they don't last longer. They brighten up Seoul a lot!



Evening blossoms.

Seoul is so pretty at night! Make it prettier with some lit up blossoms!

Wahhhh so cool!

PURPLE.

THIS BLUE.

LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS.


THIS BLUE.

RED

THIS BLUE. AND LAUREN PEEKNG IN THE CORNER.

PINK AND PURPLE LIKE TINA AND ME 

Casually walking through the blossoms.
We walked for quite a while, dealing with the hoards of people who come out for these festivals. After over an hour of marveling at the beauty of the trees and our lives here, we headed home.


On Sunday, Tina and I watched some Running Man (I cannot get enough of this show) and got ready for a new adventure: a Kpop dance class! A studio not far from me offers a 2 hours Kpop for foreigners class on Sunday afternoons, which was perfect this week!

HOLY SHIT IT WAS SO HARD.

These dances are no joke. There are a ton of little movements and fast counts. I haven't been exercising enough lately let alone dancing, so it kicked my butt!


HOLY SHIT IT WAS SO FUN!

Our instructor was so cute and awesome. We all had to communicate mostly in Korean, but that was okay since the majority of the time was dancing, which doesn't require too much explanation.

I will definitely be going back!

Here's the song we learned:

The group is "Girlfriend" and the song is "Glass Bead"

We only got through the first minute and a half. These dances may look easy (or not), but trust me, they are way harder than they look, hands down. 

This showed that my dreams of becoming a Kpop star are over. Sigh. Haha.

I can't wait to learn more!

Not much else going on here, folks! I hope spring comes your way soon!

Can't wait to watch Game of Thrones. So salty that I have to wait until Monday evenings. Oh well. Here's to hoping it's another nice week!

Lots of love! 


No comments:

Post a Comment