Sunday, May 22, 2016

Good Luck girigiri You Like Me~

Hey hey heyyy

Not a ton happened this week in terms of things I feel the need to blog about. My kids were really good so it makes it even harder that I had to officially decline renewing my contract. So Jung was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I will say 100 times noooooooooooooooooooo" and teased me a bit, but must have sensed how upsetting the decision is she stopped after a bit. I was close to tears simply saying no, and I hope I don't have to explain myself. It's hard to leave when things are good here.

Here are my 3rd graders finally actually doing well at something I planned. We learned an Alphabet dance since they finished learning the alphabet. Here they are being energetic and adorable:






See when they get to be up and active they are cute but that is not how English class always is.

Tina and I went shopping for ideas for our dance outfits for a performance coming up. This effort proved to be fruitless upon Sunday as everything we thought up was rejected and changed, but that's neither here nor there.

We stopped at Starbucks for a Smores drink:


Only to find it had coffee in it and I can't drink it

Tina got to drink it
 It's sandal weather now (blisteringly hot at 90 degrees) so I got prepped:
foot masssssssssk

I met a dog on my way home one day 
 My club activity on Thursdays is called English Communication Club or some nonsense like that and basically we play English games. This time we practiced colors, left and right, and body parts with Twister:


 It was kind of a riot. So Jung and I really made this class easy on ourselves.


Friday I went hiking with my students in 88 degree weather and if you think that's fun think again because I also had a class to teach after lunch. Wooooooooooo.
Trying to get lined up for a photo

in the hot sun

The photographer was on the roof. Each grade has a different color shirt. 
 So Jung and I were in charge of 6 students and they had to make a group name, flag, and chant. There were some missions along the way and lots of playtime and ice cream to cap it off. It's fun when it's not scorching. Thankfully the actually hiking part was pretty shady, so it wasn't too bad.

Making flags


My group. So Jung and the 6th grade leader had to pay attention to our first grade nugget


Our little first grade nugget explaining some martial arts moves to So Jung

He was effing adorable

Sometimes he would just yell 'POWER!!' and start running. 
 After a long morning hiking, we had lunch and then mercilessly had 5th period. Thankfully my 3/4 co Seunghee timed our lesson perfectly so we were drawing posters and it required no effort on my part to teach.

I fell asleep at my desk for the first time in forever and then finished out the day making a few lessons things for this week. I have another open class so my week is all sorts of moved around. Sigh. Things like this make it easier to leave.

Saturday I accompanied Tina across town to a special event: A Park Hyo Shin fan meeting!

In case you don't know him, he's one of the best singers in Korea.

I know for a fact I've posted this vid before but if you haven't watched it yet WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?

He's singing live in the vid and his voice is unreal. I cannot get enough of this song. 

Idk why the fanclub is Soul Tree but whatever
 As I am not a member, I did not get a ticket to go. But it was quite an event to get Tina her ticket, and she managed despite being a foreigner yayyyyyy! It's hard to navigate all the info for these things, since the English info is super limited, but she did it like a champ.

She got to hear him sing "Wildflower" live so I'm shocked she isn't dead, and she got to hear his new album stuff before anyone else and was in his presence for hours and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a liiiiiiiiiiittle jealous. I'm not as big of a fan as she it, but he was amazing in Phantom when I saw him and I love his voice and he's incredible, and I wish I could have shared it with her. But I am sooooooooooooo happy she got to go, and I know she'll cherish that chance forever. He's super private and doesn't do broadcasting or shows, so this really was a once in a lifetime chance to see him, and to be in the room with him singing her fave song? Wow. I got chills just writing it. So glad she got to experience it and I got the honor of having the computer she booked the ticket on, plus the joy of hearing about it.


Meanwhile, we were out near Magnolia's again so we had more yummy treats with Helen.

Chocolate chocolate cupcake and banana pudding yum
I hung out with Helen during the fanmeeting which was nice since I love her. And we sat around and talked and talked and shopped and had a good time.

Sunday brought us to dance class, where we learned the hot new song by AOA: Good Luck! I'm so excited because it's been out for less than a week and we learned it. 




It was really tiring but really fun. I always like AOA dances. Unfortunately I was stressed about some stuff for our performance, so I'm not sure if I enjoyed it as much as I could have. 

Still, I felt sexy and strong.

Here it is!
Good luck girigiri I like you~

This week is open classes and dance practices, so I feel like I will be stressed but it will all turn out okay. 

Off to bed to prepare! Fighting everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment