Sunday, March 13, 2016

Never Stop Learning

Hello all~

This was the first full week of school and I studied a lot for the TOPIK test. 

That's literally all that happened this week before the weekend.

In a little more detail, I could not get into the swing of things and accidentally fell asleep every day after school. Oops.

I met my 3rd graders, and the funniest thing to come out of the week happened with them. I introduced myself to them and then asked them to draw things they liked so I could get to know them. This is one result:
선생님 (seonsaengnim) = teacher. My hair and eyeliner were on point that day.

I like most of my classes so far, and my schedule is a bit weird (I teach 3 different grades on Monday...) but it actually works out quite nicely. There are some things to iron out with each grade, but I think it will be a good year.

Unfortunately we have open classes this Wednesday, and I have 2 of them back-to-back with each of my coteachers. Wahhh happy birthday to me ㅠㅠ


I bought these chocolates that are shaped like cupcakes. They are awesome.
Otherwise, school is school. Things are easier this time around since we taught from all the textbooks and I have lots of activities already made for each class. Woo!

This means I have more downtime. What have I been doing with it? Studying.

I'm taking the TOPIK (test of proficiency in Korean) next Sunday, so I've been studying at school and at home all week. It has been weirdly fulfilling and soul-draining at the same time. I really want to pass level 2 so when I leave Korea I can be like look 2 years 2 levels not bad ehhhh?????

Some of the materials leave something to be determined:

Good thing this is a test for proficiency in Korea, not English...

Saturday I finally emerged from my burrow. As I was deciding what to wear, I put on a lovely shirt and was trying to decide if I wanted to wear it or not when I got this lovely message:

This was not planned. I was debating this shirt and had it on when Tina messaged me.
This is why we can't have nice things.

We met up with Grace, her brother, and her boyfriend to get dinner and enjoy the evening. We went to Ciuri Ciuri. the Sicilian restaurant in the Hongdae/Hapjeong/Sangsu area. We ordered all the entrees and tried everything and it was delicious. The owner even remembered Tina and I even though we haven't been there in like a year! Woo!

After some delicious dinner, we got some churros and wandered Hongdae a bit. Then, we went to a multi-bang! 

A Multi-Bang (방 -bahng meaning room, not like BANG BANG GUNS) has like a million things you can do. We opted for Wii games, and played Mario Kart!

Flashbacks to 8th grade through grad school...

The faces of concentration.

We played Just Dance as well, which proved to be hilarious, fun. and dangerous as we kept whacking things and each other in the small room. It was so fun though. 2 hours flew by! They had free snacks too so we ate so much popcorn.

Tina and I headed to her place and slept forever.

Sunday we opted out of dance class so that we could meet Lauren and Gahyeon to see Zootopia!

OMG it was such a good movie! I really loved it. I had no idea what it was about before going in, but it was hella awesome.

Here's the trailer:



And this sloth scene had us all in stitches:


The movie had a lot about sexism and racism and all that without being obvious or blatant about it. Plus it had all sorts of other clever references (like some guy in a drug lab being like "Walter and Jesse just came back) that had all of us dying. It was great!

We got dinner before all splitting. Hopefully things will settle down more this week since we're getting into the semester now.  Just gotta keep on at it.



Current obsession/calm down song:

Butterfly by BTS. I like when they do ballad stuff! 


I hope no one comes to my open class, that I can do well with my classes, study hard to pass this test, and have a happy birthday! 

Looks like I'll be busy this week! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment