Sunday, June 21, 2015

C-R-A-Z-Y

Hello~

After a hectic week trying to recover from missing days due to a MERS scare, I'm back!

I caught up on Penny Dreadful since I have no Game of Thrones to watch. I also just started Orange is the New Black, so that's fun.


My week was such a blur. I had to be lesson planning with So Jung like every free minute. We were supposed to have out English Speaking Contest last week, but MERS ruined everything so it got moved. As a result, we need to be planned since our afternoons are entirely taken up by this for this whole week. I think we get a break on Wednesday, but whatever. I have a lot going on at school this week bleh.

But we had the prelims for my 4th graders since 23 of them signed up to participate in the test already, and OH MY GOD MY 4TH GRADERS ARE THE MOST ADORABLE ANGEL BABIES AND I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. They were my little angel babies in 3rd grade and they totally did not disappoint. They all tried so hard and did so well and were so cute. So Jung doesn't teach them but even she was like oh my god you are so lucky to work with them and now understands why everyone is gunning to be a fifth grade homeroom teacher next year. I love them so much that I wasn't even mad that i had to listen to the same story 20 times.

So this week we have the prelims for 5th and 6th grade, then the final contest for 4th on Thursday I think, and 5th/6th on Friday since we have double the number of 4th graders participating. I'm excited but also ugh this takes up so much of my time. I am hella excited that even in my small school they I had almost 40 students try, which is a lot since it's voluntary and my school has a lot of low income kids who can't go to hagwons for more English. I'm a proud native English teacher.

In other news, So Jung and some of the other teachers and I are learning to play the Janggu, a Korean traditional drum,

This is what the music looks like, It tells you what side to hit the drum and which mallet to use.

The Janggu, left hand mallet, and right hand stick. 
So every Wednesday at 3:30 I will be learning to play a Korean drum. Cool! It's a little difficult since the teacher speaks no English. But it's also good practice for my Korean, and it's fun. I also didn't know what a janggu sounded like before I got to Korea, so this is all new to me. So Jung asked if I wanted to learn and I was like why not? Might as well. When in Rome. Or Korea, if you will.


Other than that, this week was pretty typical. I cleaned my apartment Friday night (because I am the most exciting human on the planet) and on Saturday ventured out to Itaewon for some tacos and delicious drinks. Tina came over and we watched our shows: Penny Dreadful, Orange is the New Black, and We Got Married. We're almost done with our We Got Married couple though wahhhhhh.

Sunday was a day of crazy. Literally.

We finally tried a crepe place near my apartment, then headed to dance class.


This week we got back to our girl groups with the wonderfully sexy 4minute and their awesome song Crazy:

I really love this song. Also, the choreography repeats itself throughout the song so we actually learned alllllllllllmost all of it!

Tina took some pics of me during practice.

I call this series, "The Dance Is Not That Impressive in Photos."





Though this is my favorite part of the dance.
Haha it was fun!

Dance practice version:

4minute is known as being a sexier girl group, and they also are labelmates with my now favorite group, Beast.

Hyuna, the group's rapper, gets the most attention for being sexy:

And damn is she gorgeous.


But seriously all of 4minute is so sexy.

Hyuna also performs with Hyunseung from Beast in a duo called Troublemaker, and they get some heat for, well, the amount of heat in their videos. WHICH I FUCKING LOVE.


Ughhhh this video is so good and both of their looks are on point. The song is also called Troublemaker, confusingly enough.

And my other favorite, "Now." Though I prefer the Korean title, "내일은 없어" which is "There is no tomorrow"



Anyway I love this one too. 

In other music news, I'm obsessed with some of the groups we saw at Dream Concert.



This is Boys Republic with "Hello."




And SPEED with "What U"

This video is creepy and also hilarious because they use those weird heelies shoes and also the video makes no sense but the song is so good.

To leave you off now that you have hopefully watched some videos in between the actual Kpop sensations doing the choreography and me showing you, here's a bunch of us doing Crazy at the end of class:



NEXT WEEK WE GET TO LEARN BANG BANG BANG AND I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED.

I really missed dance class, and the girl group ones are a bit more manageable. And it's all for fun and it's a good workout. I love it!


Here's to another C-R-A-Z-Y week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment