Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Semester in Italy? Where did you go? You must have flown by while I wasn't looking.

Holy shit. I leave Italy in 3 days. That deserves an expletive.

I am freaking coming back to AMERICA in TRE GIORNI. NON E POSSIBILE.

I'm can't tell whether I'm excited or not. I really miss home and can't wait, but this has been my home for the past 4 months. What am I going to do?

My favorite Goo Goo Dolls song is Sympathy, and the one like goes: "And I'm not sure where I belong, 'cause nowhere's home and I'm all wrong."

That's kind of how I feel right now. I miss home home. I miss Bonaventure. I already miss Italy.

We had a goodbye party at Lunabar, our normal Tuesday night hotspot, last night and all the bartenders and Djs were thanking the Americans for an awesome semester. It's weird to think that I'll probably never see these people again. Not only the Italians and whoever else lives in Perugia, but even a lot of the Americans.

I'll definitely see a few of them. No doubt. But the casual acquaintances in classes or that we went out with... what about them?

What about Simon and Naoimh and Roberta and all the Umbra staff that we've become so accustomed to seeing and hanging out with on the steps of the Duomo with and just everything.

I finished my finals and I only have to hand in my creative writing portfolio tomorrow at noon. Then I'm donezo.

Gotta clean the apartment and pack up. I'm coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment